There’s a great deal of focus on health these days. More and more people are recognizing the benefits of regular exercise. It doesn’t matter if you’re trying to lose that last 10 pounds, if you’re overweight by more than 100 pounds, or if you’re just trying to improve your flexibility. Laurel gyms can help you reach your goals. There are countless benefits to exercising regularly, and the best health club in the area will provide you with the variety and options that you need to help you succeed.
Break Through the Plateau
Everyone who has worked hard to lose weight understands the frustration of the plateau. You’re following all the rules of the diet, running on the treadmill every morning and doing everything right. The pounds were falling off, and now the scale refuses to move past a certain number. The fact of weight loss is that plateaus are quite normal. Part of the problem could be that your body is adjusting to the new lifestyle, but you can overcome this by shaking things up. If you’ve always done the treadmill, then spend time on the elliptical. Add some free weights to your routine. Take a break from your regular aerobics workout by taking a Zumba class. With the wide range of class options and equipment available at your local fitness center, you can shake up the workout routine and break through that plateau.
Test Your Strength
Women commonly fall for the myth that lifting weights will make them bulky, and this is a serious problem. The fact is that lifting weights is very beneficial to your health, and it doesn’t have to make you bulky. You could spend thousands of dollars buying weights and machines for your home, and you still won’t have the variety that’s found at your favorite gym. The beauty of testing your strength and lifting weights is that it works to change your metabolism. Here are the top reasons you should add weight training to your workout:
• It builds muscle mass. You can start losing muscle as early as your twenties, so this is important to protect your body and keep it strong as you age.
• You’ll make your bones stronger. Women have to worry more about osteoarthritis and osteoporosis. As you lift weights and get your body working, you’ll naturally increase bone density to keep them strong as you age. The regular weight lifting sessions can even work to reverse the damage of bone loss.
• Better balance and stability reduce the risk of falls. The young hate falling because it’s embarrassing. The elderly worry about falling because it can lead to broken hips, surgeries and even brain damage. The fact is that a simple fall can be fatal for a senior citizen. Strength training forces you to work the core and strengthen your muscles. Better stability goes hand in hand with these improvements, so it’s less likely that you’ll experience dangerous falls as you age. If you’re currently struggling with poor balance, then weight training is even more important.
• Lower blood pressure levels are healthy. You may not know this, but working out the muscles stimulates blood flow and that helps lower your blood pressure. Your heartrate will increase during the exercise, so you should check with your doctor before you start a serious lifting regimen.
• Muscle tissue really does burn more calories that fat tissue. Your body will burn more calories keeping the muscles healthy than it will to maintain fat. This makes weight training a key component of weight loss.
When you’re ready to improve your fitness levels, you’ll be pleased to find that Fitness Evolution has an incredible range of equipment to choose from. Hand weights are great for doing your own custom workouts and targeting your arms or other areas. If you want to take it up to a higher level, you can move on to the machines where you can work with heavier weights to make your legs, arms, back and core stronger.
Assistance and Advice
If you’ve never used Laurel gyms before, then you might feel a little overwhelmed the first time you walk through the doors. Most of the machines will have directions on them showing you how to use the equipment, but you may have more questions or concerns. The best health club in the area has a friendly staff that’s happy to answer your questions and show you how to work different machines. You can also sign up with a personal trainer to help you reach your personal goals and start looking your best.
Endurance and Strength
The beauty of joining a fitness center is that you can work out your entire body. Weight training is important for your overall health and well-being, but you also want to work on your endurance with cardio. They’re both important parts of the total workout. If you’re working towards better overall health, then a great balance is to focus on cardio one day and the weights the next day. This pattern helps you get moving every day without overdoing it and accidentally hurting yourself. Fitness Evolution offers you the same great variety in cardio equipment that you enjoy with the weights and machines. You can start off with the treadmill to get your blood pumping, move on to the stairclimber for your upper legs and then finish off at the spin station to increase your heart rate and improve endurance. You won’t have all of these options at home, but they’re waiting for you at the local gym.
One of the greatest benefits of Fitness Evolution is that we have an abundance of equipment to accommodate our clients. Even if you stop in during a busier time of day, you can usually hop on a machine and get started. We have low rates that our customers love, and we hope that you’ll be impressed with our great service. We’re here to help you meet your goals, so stop in to visit us today and tour one of our facilities.
Latest posts by Josh Wheeler (see all)
- How to Stay Healthy as a New Parent - August 25, 2016
- How to Navigate a Grocery Store While Eating Healthy - August 18, 2016
- How to Get Fit While Playing Pokemon Go - August 10, 2016