If you are currently trying to get in shape or just want to add a fun activity to your current workout schedule, you might want to consider joining one of the Silver Spring fitness classes that are currently being offered. No matter what type of exercise you enjoy, there is a fitness class available that will suit your interests, needs and abilities. There are many different benefits that are associated with fitness classes. Read on to find out if the fitness classes Silver Spring has to offer are right for you. [Read more…]
Searching for a fitness center to join is a very difficult process. We know that you have to be very thorough before investing your money. The best option for fitness centers in Laurel, MD is Fitness Evolution. At Fitness Evolution, we know exactly how to cater to each and every member in order for you to reach your goals. [Read more…]
Fitness Evolution is undoubtedly the top gym in Sterling, Virginia. If you are looking for a gym in Sterling, VA, you need to come into our location and see the great atmosphere for yourself. When you compare our gym’s amenities to other fitness centers in the area, you realize that our amenities are truly unparalleled.
Also, the staff at our gym is always there to make sure that you have a great experience. While other gyms might just let you exercise, we want to help you have the most effective exercises possible. [Read more…]
Taking control of your health is one of the most important decisions that you can make in your life. One of the best ways to do that is to start up an exercise regime and stick to it. However, that is sometimes easier said than done. Many people struggle with sticking to exercise regimes for a variety of reasons. Some people might benefit from attending a Richmond gym over trying to work on their own. [Read more…]
If you have found yourself getting depressed about your physical appearance because you have gained weight, you are not alone. Sadly, obesity is an epidemic in the United States. For every obese person, there are many more people who could simply stand to lose a few pounds. Indeed, society in general is getting more and more out of shape every day. One thing is certain, sitting around and wishing for your belly and double chin to go away is not going to get the job done. [Read more…]
Twenty-first century Americans are busy starting new diets and exercise routines. Whether they commit to fitness on New Year’s Eve or renew their commitment in June, one has to wonder how long it will last. Every day, people in western Maryland join Fort Washington gyms. Will they stick to a workout or give up on their goals? [Read more…]
At one point in time or another, we have all heard the phrase how good exercise is for the body. Most of the time, we end up far too busy and stressed to fit exercise into our daily routine. When it comes to stress and exercise, there is good news.
Just about any type of exercise serves as a stress reliever. From going to Seattle gyms and participating in an aerobics class to doing yoga at the health club, you are sure to find the stress relief you need in no time. Even if you are severely out of shape and not an athlete, a little exercise can go a long way when it comes to dealing with stress. Once you uncover the connection between stress relief and exercise, you will learn how important it is to incorporate exercise into your everyday life.
Exercise works to increase your well-being and overall health. In turn, you will find you have more energy to get through the day. However, making regular trips to a fitness center offers some direct benefits to eliminating stress.
A good workout boosts your endorphins. Physical activity is imperative for boosting the production of neurotransmitters in your brain, known as endorphins. Even though many people refer to this function as a runner’s high, playing a game of tennis or taking a hike through nature can both give you the same feeling.
Exercise is essentially meditation in motion. Playing a game of racquetball or swimming a few laps in the pool can leave you stress-free and focused on nothing more than your own body movements. As you begin alleviating your tension through physical activity, you will find that your focusing on one task will help you to remain clear and calm in all you do. The optimism and energy that comes from exercise will help to fuel your exercise regime further.
Your mood will instantly be transformed. Regular exercise helps to increase your self-confidence and decrease any symptoms associated with anxiety and depression. Often times, our sleep patterns are disrupted by stress, anxiety and depression. A good workout can help to improve all of those issues by easing your stress levels and providing you with a sense of control over your life and your body.
Making Exercise Work to Alleviate Your Stress
A successful exercise regime only takes a few easy steps.
• Speak with your doctor. For those who haven’t exercised in quite some time and are worried about their health in general, you might want to speak with your medical provider before embarking on a new fitness routine.
• Walk before running. Don’t rush into an exercise program; start off slow. Often times, we are so excited to begin a new exercise program that we end up overdoing it. Over-exertion can lead to injury. For the majority of healthy adults, you should aim for 150 minutes of moderate activity every week, such as swimming or brisk walking, or 75 minutes per week of vigorous activity, such as running. Anyone new to exercise should begin at a moderate level and add in vigorous activity slowly as your fitness levels improve.
• Do those things that you love. Just about any type of movement or exercise can help to improve your fitness level, while simultaneously decreasing your overall stress level. The most important thing you can do is to choose an activity that you love. Examples often include walking, jogging, yoga, stair climbing, bicycling, gardening, tai chi, swimming and weightlifting.
• Pencil your visit to the health club into your schedule. Even though you might have a schedule that requires you to exercise in the morning one day and the evening the next, the important thing is that you actually take the time to do it. When you make it part of your regular schedule, it helps to make it something you will stick with for the long run.
Make Sure to Stick With Your Routine
Beginning an exercise regimen is only the first step in the process. To help you stick with it, consider following the tips below:
• Set goals that are SMART. Goals that are specific, measurable, attainable, relevant and time-limited are important to your success. If your main goal is to minimize stress and energize yourself, your goals might include taking a walking three times per week during your lunch hour, or finding someone to watch your children so you can head over to the fitness center.
• Get a friend. When you know that someone is waiting for you at one of the Seattle gyms, it motivates you to actually get up and go. Working out with a family member, friend or co-worker can bring about a new level of commitment and motivation that might have been lacking in your normal exercise routine.
• Mix up the routine. For those who have always been competitive runners, look at some of the other options available that aren’t as competitive. Yoga and Pilates are great alternatives to reducing stress. In addition, these workouts can enhance your running and decrease your stress at the same time.
• Try exercising in increments. A small amount of activity can still provide you with health benefits. Even if you aren’t able to fit in thirty minutes of exercise per day, aim for three 10-minute walks per day instead. The thing that matters the most is incorporating regular exercise into your everyday life.
Regardless of what you do, avoid thinking of exercise as something that you have to do. You need to find an activity that you love, and make it a part of your everyday routine. Any physical activity is going to help you unwind and ease stress.
To help you on your path to success, the pros at Fitness Evolution want to help you in any way they can. The goal is to help you develop a routine that is going to work the best for you. If you aren’t sure where to start, turn to some who can point you in the right direction.
When you get a health club membership, you want to make the most of it. Even if you’re paying the bargain rate of $9.99 a month without contracts, you still want it to be worth every penny and then some. Getting the most out of your time at the gym means stretching your horizons, learning what your gym has available and making good use of the amenities. [Read more…]
Attending a healthclub in Fort Washington could offer you a variety of benefits. Exercise is essential for maintaining optimum physical, mental and emotional health. You can work out at home, but working out at home isn’t quite the same as doing it at a healthclub, and here’s why.
Benefits of a Membership at a Fort Washington Healthclub
Healthclub memberships offer you a variety of benefits, some of which include the following:
1. Memberships encourage you to actually stick to your exercise regime. If you’re going to be paying for a membership, then you might be more inspired to actually use your membership. You probably don’t want to waste your hard-earned money, so if you pay to exercise, then you’re more likely to stick with and get your money’s worth from your membership.
2. Healthclub memberships allow you to meet other people who have the same fitness goals in mind. They give you the opportunity to make new friends and socialize in a positive manner with like-minded people who are striving to be healthy just like you. Positive relationships can help you stick to your goals and stay on track.
3. You have fewer distractions and less of a chance to procrastinate when you work out at a healthclub. At home, you can become easily distracted by noticing all the chores that you need to get done. Without even realizing it, you could end up cleaning every square inch of your house and putting off exercising. At a healthclub, you don’t have to deal with such distractions. Therefore, you’ll more likely get right down to the business of exercising.
Types of Exercise Equipment at a Healthclub in Fort Washington
There are numerous types of exercise equipment in healthclubs that you might not have access to otherwise. You might not be able to afford to equip yourself with your own home gym, and you also might not have the space accommodations to do so. Some of the types of exercise equipment you can expect to find at a Fort Washington healthclub include the following:
1. Almost every healthclub Fort Washington has to offer features treadmills. Treadmills are those machines that you can walk or run on. They monitor how far you’ve traveled as well as how long you’ve been doing so. Some measure your pace and the rate of your heart as well.
2. Elliptical machines are also commonly found in healthclubs. These types of machines provide you with a complete cardiovascular workout by working every part of your body through a gliding or step-up running motion.
3. A variety of types of weight benches can also be found in healtclubs. Strength training is one of the main reasons why many people choose to enroll in healthclub memberships. Healtclubs provide them with access to a variety of weight bench sets, resistant bands and other strength training equipment.
When you’re looking for a healthclub Fort Washington has to offer that offers the maximum benefits and state-of-the-art equipment that you’re looking for, you might want to consider looking into fitnessevolution.com. You’re sure to find equipment there in a warm, inviting atmosphere that can help you get into shape and stay in shape.
There’s a great deal of focus on health these days. More and more people are recognizing the benefits of regular exercise. It doesn’t matter if you’re trying to lose that last 10 pounds, if you’re overweight by more than 100 pounds, or if you’re just trying to improve your flexibility. Laurel gyms can help you reach your goals. There are countless benefits to exercising regularly, and the best health club in the area will provide you with the variety and options that you need to help you succeed.
Break Through the Plateau
Everyone who has worked hard to lose weight understands the frustration of the plateau. You’re following all the rules of the diet, running on the treadmill every morning and doing everything right. The pounds were falling off, and now the scale refuses to move past a certain number. The fact of weight loss is that plateaus are quite normal. Part of the problem could be that your body is adjusting to the new lifestyle, but you can overcome this by shaking things up. If you’ve always done the treadmill, then spend time on the elliptical. Add some free weights to your routine. Take a break from your regular aerobics workout by taking a Zumba class. With the wide range of class options and equipment available at your local fitness center, you can shake up the workout routine and break through that plateau.
Test Your Strength
Women commonly fall for the myth that lifting weights will make them bulky, and this is a serious problem. The fact is that lifting weights is very beneficial to your health, and it doesn’t have to make you bulky. You could spend thousands of dollars buying weights and machines for your home, and you still won’t have the variety that’s found at your favorite gym. The beauty of testing your strength and lifting weights is that it works to change your metabolism. Here are the top reasons you should add weight training to your workout:
• It builds muscle mass. You can start losing muscle as early as your twenties, so this is important to protect your body and keep it strong as you age.
• You’ll make your bones stronger. Women have to worry more about osteoarthritis and osteoporosis. As you lift weights and get your body working, you’ll naturally increase bone density to keep them strong as you age. The regular weight lifting sessions can even work to reverse the damage of bone loss.
• Better balance and stability reduce the risk of falls. The young hate falling because it’s embarrassing. The elderly worry about falling because it can lead to broken hips, surgeries and even brain damage. The fact is that a simple fall can be fatal for a senior citizen. Strength training forces you to work the core and strengthen your muscles. Better stability goes hand in hand with these improvements, so it’s less likely that you’ll experience dangerous falls as you age. If you’re currently struggling with poor balance, then weight training is even more important.
• Lower blood pressure levels are healthy. You may not know this, but working out the muscles stimulates blood flow and that helps lower your blood pressure. Your heartrate will increase during the exercise, so you should check with your doctor before you start a serious lifting regimen.
• Muscle tissue really does burn more calories that fat tissue. Your body will burn more calories keeping the muscles healthy than it will to maintain fat. This makes weight training a key component of weight loss.
When you’re ready to improve your fitness levels, you’ll be pleased to find that Fitness Evolution has an incredible range of equipment to choose from. Hand weights are great for doing your own custom workouts and targeting your arms or other areas. If you want to take it up to a higher level, you can move on to the machines where you can work with heavier weights to make your legs, arms, back and core stronger.
Assistance and Advice
If you’ve never used Laurel gyms before, then you might feel a little overwhelmed the first time you walk through the doors. Most of the machines will have directions on them showing you how to use the equipment, but you may have more questions or concerns. The best health club in the area has a friendly staff that’s happy to answer your questions and show you how to work different machines. You can also sign up with a personal trainer to help you reach your personal goals and start looking your best.
Endurance and Strength
The beauty of joining a fitness center is that you can work out your entire body. Weight training is important for your overall health and well-being, but you also want to work on your endurance with cardio. They’re both important parts of the total workout. If you’re working towards better overall health, then a great balance is to focus on cardio one day and the weights the next day. This pattern helps you get moving every day without overdoing it and accidentally hurting yourself. Fitness Evolution offers you the same great variety in cardio equipment that you enjoy with the weights and machines. You can start off with the treadmill to get your blood pumping, move on to the stairclimber for your upper legs and then finish off at the spin station to increase your heart rate and improve endurance. You won’t have all of these options at home, but they’re waiting for you at the local gym.
One of the greatest benefits of Fitness Evolution is that we have an abundance of equipment to accommodate our clients. Even if you stop in during a busier time of day, you can usually hop on a machine and get started. We have low rates that our customers love, and we hope that you’ll be impressed with our great service. We’re here to help you meet your goals, so stop in to visit us today and tour one of our facilities.