Are you unhappy with your body’s appearance? If this is the case, you are not alone. If you suffer from obesity, you do not have to be embarrassed to go out in public for the rest of your life. If you are constantly avoiding social situations because you are afraid of being ridiculed by other people, this is no way for you to live your life. Joining a gym in Seattle can be the first step towards changing your life forever. It is true that exercising on your own is better than doing no exercise at all. However, if you work out alone, you will not be receiving the same motivation that people experience when they exercise in a group. People who have never exercised on a regular basis will need all the support and encouragement they can get. Otherwise, they might be tempted to quit. One of the biggest benefits to joining the best health club in Seattle is the wide variety of fitness classes. Let’s take a look at two of the most popular classes: [Read more…]
Early autumn is the best time of the year to join a Seattle gym to get physically fit before the holiday season. Frequent exercise is a great way to reduce the feelings of stress from constantly shopping and visiting family members. A healthy body weight along with strong muscles and bones also boosts the immune system, leading to fewer colds throughout the winter. There are affordable Seattle gym memberships available at nearby facilities, making it easy to visit even when it is snowing outside. Many people find exercise boring, but a good facility has an assortment of equipment such as elliptical machines, stair-climbers and free weights to provide a variety of activities.
There’s more to any Seattle gym than the price they charge. You need key features and special benefits in addition to affordable rates. When you begin the search for your fitness center, start with a checklist and then see who can meet all of your needs. Here are a few things you may want to look for in your new gym. [Read more…]
Keeping in shape is an important part of anyone’s life. Regular exercise can help someone live longer and feel better. However, getting exercise is not always easy. It can be hard to set aside time for exercise especially if you are a busy professional. If you live in a climate with frequent rain, exercising outside may not be feasible. In that case, one of the best ways to get exercise is find a gym.
A Seattle gym can help residents living in the region exercise in a protected, safe environment. Many gyms in the Seattle region have varied types of exercise equipment that allows residents to meet their Seattle fitness goals. Many gyms have equipment that offers varied types of workouts including those are appropriate for beginners and those designed to help more advanced users. This makes fitness in Seattle easier to gain and easier to maintain. [Read more…]
At one point in time or another, we have all heard the phrase how good exercise is for the body. Most of the time, we end up far too busy and stressed to fit exercise into our daily routine. When it comes to stress and exercise, there is good news.
Just about any type of exercise serves as a stress reliever. From going to Seattle gyms and participating in an aerobics class to doing yoga at the health club, you are sure to find the stress relief you need in no time. Even if you are severely out of shape and not an athlete, a little exercise can go a long way when it comes to dealing with stress. Once you uncover the connection between stress relief and exercise, you will learn how important it is to incorporate exercise into your everyday life.
Exercise works to increase your well-being and overall health. In turn, you will find you have more energy to get through the day. However, making regular trips to a fitness center offers some direct benefits to eliminating stress.
A good workout boosts your endorphins. Physical activity is imperative for boosting the production of neurotransmitters in your brain, known as endorphins. Even though many people refer to this function as a runner’s high, playing a game of tennis or taking a hike through nature can both give you the same feeling.
Exercise is essentially meditation in motion. Playing a game of racquetball or swimming a few laps in the pool can leave you stress-free and focused on nothing more than your own body movements. As you begin alleviating your tension through physical activity, you will find that your focusing on one task will help you to remain clear and calm in all you do. The optimism and energy that comes from exercise will help to fuel your exercise regime further.
Your mood will instantly be transformed. Regular exercise helps to increase your self-confidence and decrease any symptoms associated with anxiety and depression. Often times, our sleep patterns are disrupted by stress, anxiety and depression. A good workout can help to improve all of those issues by easing your stress levels and providing you with a sense of control over your life and your body.
Making Exercise Work to Alleviate Your Stress
A successful exercise regime only takes a few easy steps.
• Speak with your doctor. For those who haven’t exercised in quite some time and are worried about their health in general, you might want to speak with your medical provider before embarking on a new fitness routine.
• Walk before running. Don’t rush into an exercise program; start off slow. Often times, we are so excited to begin a new exercise program that we end up overdoing it. Over-exertion can lead to injury. For the majority of healthy adults, you should aim for 150 minutes of moderate activity every week, such as swimming or brisk walking, or 75 minutes per week of vigorous activity, such as running. Anyone new to exercise should begin at a moderate level and add in vigorous activity slowly as your fitness levels improve.
• Do those things that you love. Just about any type of movement or exercise can help to improve your fitness level, while simultaneously decreasing your overall stress level. The most important thing you can do is to choose an activity that you love. Examples often include walking, jogging, yoga, stair climbing, bicycling, gardening, tai chi, swimming and weightlifting.
• Pencil your visit to the health club into your schedule. Even though you might have a schedule that requires you to exercise in the morning one day and the evening the next, the important thing is that you actually take the time to do it. When you make it part of your regular schedule, it helps to make it something you will stick with for the long run.
Make Sure to Stick With Your Routine
Beginning an exercise regimen is only the first step in the process. To help you stick with it, consider following the tips below:
• Set goals that are SMART. Goals that are specific, measurable, attainable, relevant and time-limited are important to your success. If your main goal is to minimize stress and energize yourself, your goals might include taking a walking three times per week during your lunch hour, or finding someone to watch your children so you can head over to the fitness center.
• Get a friend. When you know that someone is waiting for you at one of the Seattle gyms, it motivates you to actually get up and go. Working out with a family member, friend or co-worker can bring about a new level of commitment and motivation that might have been lacking in your normal exercise routine.
• Mix up the routine. For those who have always been competitive runners, look at some of the other options available that aren’t as competitive. Yoga and Pilates are great alternatives to reducing stress. In addition, these workouts can enhance your running and decrease your stress at the same time.
• Try exercising in increments. A small amount of activity can still provide you with health benefits. Even if you aren’t able to fit in thirty minutes of exercise per day, aim for three 10-minute walks per day instead. The thing that matters the most is incorporating regular exercise into your everyday life.
Regardless of what you do, avoid thinking of exercise as something that you have to do. You need to find an activity that you love, and make it a part of your everyday routine. Any physical activity is going to help you unwind and ease stress.
To help you on your path to success, the pros at Fitness Evolution want to help you in any way they can. The goal is to help you develop a routine that is going to work the best for you. If you aren’t sure where to start, turn to some who can point you in the right direction.